Littering is a habit and prevention starts with you.
If you litter, you need to take responsibility and change your habit. Recognize if you do or do not litter, you can influence those around you. Your circle of influence will grow – from your friends, family, to your school and the community. Start with these simple steps:
- Choose not to litter.
- Become familiar with the litter laws in Tennessee and the consequences of littering.
- If you see your friends and family litter, educate them on the laws and adverse effects of litter.
- Get a litter bag for your car.
- Volunteer at litter cleanups, litter free events or litter education.
- If you’re a smoker, carry a pocket ashtray.
- If you see someone litter from a car, report it.
- If you own a pet, put the waste in trash receptacles.
- Ensure garbage bags are tied along the curbside for pickup.
- VOLUNTEER WITH KSB AT ONE OF OUR LITTER PREVENTION PROGRAMS!
Our Litter Prevention Programs:
- Roads and Rivers Days
- Roads and Rivers Day is a semi-annual litter cleanup that occurs at nine different locations across Sevier County. Over 100 volunteers come out to help clean up during this event.
- Little Pigeon River Clean Ups
- Keep Sevier Beautiful works with Smoky Mountain Outdoors to get our volunteers out on rafts and clean up the Little Pigeon River.
- American Eagle Foundation Clean Ups
- The American Eagle Foundation and Keep Sevier Beautiful have partnered to help clean up areas that have been negatively impacting the wild Bald Eagles nests throughout the county.
- Project Restore
- Keep Sevier Beautiful recognizes that property owners may find that they have accumulated many things on their property and have no means to restore their property back to its original beauty. KSB wants to enable property owners within Sevier County to dispose of accumulated items properly through Project Restore. Through the removal of debris, property owners can regain pride in their property and help Keep Sevier Beautiful. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this project.
- Litter Cleanup Community Supplies
- Keep Sevier Beautiful can provide community organizations with litter clean up supplies for anyone that wants to set up their own litter clean up. These supplies include: litter pickers, trash bags, gloves, hand sanitizer, and water.
Please fill out the form below if you wish to coordinate a litter cleanup with Keep Sevier Beautiful OR report an area of Sevier County you would like cleaned up.
WE CAN'T PROMISE THAT THE AREA WILL GET CLEANED UP BUT WE WILL ADD IT TO OUR LITTER CLEANUP SUGGESTIONS FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS.